Thursday 20 August 2015

THE JOURNEY

If the lamb's blood around the door
Was answer to immediate need
God strengthened for what lay before:
They had the lamb on which to feed.
Christ has not only set me free
But been the food to nourish me.

God overwhelmed the Egyptians first
So that the victory was complete
Then satisfied His people's thirst
By water wood He showed made sweet.
Because Christ died to make me free
"Christ" sweetens what refreshes me.

Since the brass serpent held their gaze
Though serpent-bitten they could live
And reach soon, in Jehovah's ways,
The well He promised He would give.
Sin in the flesh has been condemned;
The Spirit's grace has been unstemmed.

The Jordan's flooding waters found
A force that they could not withstand,
And once they crossed it on dry ground
They ate the old corn of the land.
Christ and His cross have made me whole,
And Christ in glory feeds my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm glad to hear how this strikes you!