Thursday 26 March 2015

JEHOVAH IS MY SHEPHERD

The wolves circle; eyes
Of lions peer through the scrub.
A bear's shadow looms:
Jehovah is my Shepherd.

Mire here; there a treachery
Of scree; I probe the peat,
Scud on poor footing:
Jehovah is my Rock.

Clouds shadow; shadows
lengthen; night edges
Over the horizon:
Jehovah is my Light.

Sin wars against me; Satan
Attempts to entangle me;
Terror on every side:
Jehovah is my Fortress.

Sins assail me; closely
Satan presses me; how
Stand or withstand?
Jehovah is my Shield.

Held; above the battle,
Glimpsing His glimpses
Of man's trite warfare:
Jehovah is my high Tower.

In my place of safety
Enfolded, I can exclaim
Joyfully: Jehovah
Is my Strength and Song.

1 comment:

  1. He is indeed our high tower, no matter what satan does we know Christ has won

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad to hear how this strikes you!