Sunday 12 January 2014

UNBOUNDED LOVE

"O Lord, Thy love's unbounded,
So vast, so full, so free!"
But how imperfect, faltering,
How small, my love to Thee!
Compare my love to Thine, Lord,
How feeble does it seem!
Thy love is like an ocean,
But mine a tiny stream.

How little do I fathom
That wondrous depth of grace,
Which brought Thee down from heaven,
On earth to take a place -
To be the lowly Jesus,
(Oh blessed beauteous Name!
To bow Thy head so meekly,
To bear that cross of shame!

How feeble is the answer
To all Thy present love! 
Thy patient, loving service
As Advocate above!
Midst all my folly, weakness,
Forgetfulness of Thee,
Thy love still, like a banner,
Protects, o'ershadows me.

Release my heart then, Jesus,
Fron all that's here below,
That thus, each hindrance banished,
My love towards Thee may glow.
And then, with deeper meaning,
My song shall rise to Thee -
"O Lord, Thy love's unbounded,
So vast, so full, so free!"

By T Willey
From The Songs of the Lord





2 comments:

I'm glad to hear how this strikes you!