Saturday 15 May 2010

LORD JESUS

Luke introduces the title of Lord Jesus
Anticipating the blessings of this era;
And Paul develops the title as a feature
Of church response in power of Christ's inbreathing.
He is the One His bride admires in nearness:
No other vessel assesses Him so clearly
Nor can express His glories so completely.
He is the Lord rightly described as Chiefest
And in His name is power of our beseeching,
While acting in that name is what will please Him.
Finally John reveals the mutual speaking
"Lord Jesus, Come" which crowns the Spirit's eon.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. It looks like you have travelled a bit. I enjoyed the pictures of India.

    Your verses are beautiful. Hope you are having a great weekend,
    Nannette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this verse, and it deserves to be read over and over again as a sort of meditation. There is a message in it for me too.
    When I had read it several times I was also struck with the succinct construction - short, with strong 'book-ends' at the beginning and end - just like a Psalm.

    The 6th and 7th lines in the middle:
    No other vessel assesses Him so clearly
    Nor can express His glories so completely.

    Here I wasn't sure if the 'vessel' was the 'bride' as the 'church', or Jesus Himself?

    Thanks also for popping by on my own blog.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad to hear how this strikes you!